- Written by Pat Pughe-Parry
- Hits: 1153
The 12 week Introductory Programme costs R1950 and is payable in advance in 3 monthly instalments of R650. Alternatively pay in full and receive a 5% discount.
The details of the programme are as follows:
Dave Pughe-Parry the founder of Living ADDventure (LADD®), has put together a 12 week Introductory multi-media ADHD Programme that is ideal for small groups wanting to learn more about ADHD and to help those who live with or alongside ADHD. You will learn valuable tools to manage ADHD.
Each weekly meeting is 2 hours and is run by a trained LADD® Coach or Group Leader. These groups are held either at the Coach or Group Leader's home or preferably members of the group take turns to host the weekly meetings.
The ideal size of a group is 4 - 8 members.
What are the benefits of joining a LADD® Coaching or Study Group?
- We have different groups catering to the needs of the ADHD community. Couples do not attend the same group as it can become difficult to express yourself particularly if one partner is more verbal than the other.
- Problems shared are problems halved
- Whether you have ADHD or are a non-ADHD spouse or parent, or an Educator wanting to learn more it is good to meet and share your difficulties and of course your successes.
- What is shared within the group remains within the group and no judgements are made.
- It is an affordable introduction to the LADD® Coaching Programme.
- Each week has a coaching element with homework.
- At the end of the 12 week Introductory Programme members may opt to continue with the LADD® Coaching Programme in the Group setting at a monthly fee of R500.00
- You can of course opt to do the one on one coaching programme in your own home or workplace.
- Our groups are deliberately limited to a maximum of 8 members which ensures each member has an opportunity to share as they wish.
- One week might see one member requiring more support than others but the Coach or Group Leader is trained to ensure that no member dominates week after week.
- Meetings are not "pity parties". LADD® Coaching and Study Groups are informative, structured and directive.
- Comprehensive notes are provided on a weekly basis.
- Each member also receives a copy of our audio book "I'm Audacious, Original and Innovative .... I Have ADHD".
12 Week Programme Content
Week 1 - The condition what it is and isn't
Week 2 - The diagnostic process
a) The DSM IV
b) Symptoms versus impairments
c) The types of ADHD
Week 3 - Co-Occurring conditions
a) Disruptive behaviour disorders
b) Mood disorders
c) Anxiety disorders
d) Tics and Tourettes disorders
e) Learning disabilities
Week 4 - Multidisciplinary Treatment components
a) Tried and tested
b) What works for all
c) What does not work for all
Week 5 - Mothers and (some) Fathers enabling
a) What is co-dependency?
b) Empowering – not depending
Week 6 - Staying emotionally strong
a) This is the toughest job in the world
b) Learning to say NO!
c) Leading lions – not herding cats
Week 7 The role of the family - Part 1
a) Hide your buttons
b) Parents working together
c) Setting family goals
d) Family meetings
Week 8 - The role of the family – Part 2
a) No more rules!
b) Setting boundaries and determining consequences
c) Implementing consequences every time
d) The Four S's of discipline
Week 9 - Inspiring powerful attitude
a) Choosing wisely
b) I can do this
c) Being my best is the best
Week 10 - Failing for success
a) Failure in context – lazy buds and late bloomers
b) Embracing failure with enthusiasm
c) Fail more – learn quicker
d) Allowing your child to fail
Week 11 - Communication with ADDers
a) Two Ears & One Mouth - to be used in that proportion
b) Deep sexy voices for attention
c) Filling the gaps
d) Reading the body language
Week 12 - Creating consistent structure
a) Adapting the physical environment
b) De-clutter – inspiring new ways for a hoary old task
c) Zoning the bedroom for productivity
d) Avoiding distractions